$365 for 6 week class
Early Winter 2023 – Semester Adult Wheel Classes
Registration will open:
- to current students on October 11th at 5pm
- to the general public on October 17th at 5pm (classes are password protected until then)
Beginner Only: for students who have never taken pottery before or have had only 1 semester and would like to remain with students completely new to pottery.
Beginner/Intermediate: mixed level class. There may be complete beginners and also return potters looking to focus on foundational skills and forms.
Intermediate Only: for students who have taken 3 or more semesters. You do not need to have mastery of centering and basic forms, but must have a foundational understanding and want to learn about forms and skills past simple bowls, plates, and cups.
Advanced Only: for students who have near or full mastery of basic skills like centering and have had exposure to, or already made, more complex forms like jars, teapots, or thrown and altered pieces.
Capacity: 14 Seats (8 Seats for Beginner-Only Classes)
No classes: November 22nd – 26th (Thanksgiving weekend)
Monday: November 6, 2023 – December 11, 2023 (6 Weeks)
- Intermediate Only Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Instructor: Julie Knight– SOLD OUT
- Beginner/Intermediate Evening Session – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Instructor: Noah Heil – SOLD OUT
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Instructor: Xenia Lane – SOLD OUT
Tuesday: November 7, 2023 – December 12, 2023 (6 Weeks)
- Intermediate Only Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm –Instructor: Lilian Wu Finckel
- Advanced Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Instructor: Julie Knight – SOLD OUT
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Instructor: Michele Godwin – SOLD OUT
Wednesday: November 1, 2023 – December 13, 2023 (6 Weeks)
- Beginner Only Morning Session -10 am to 1pm – Instructor: Lizzie Butler – SOLD OUT
- Intermediate Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Instructor: Will Caiger-Smith – SOLD OUT
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm – Instructor: Eital Schattner-Elmaleh – SOLD OUT
Thursday: November 2, 2023 – December 14, 2023 (6 Weeks)
- Beginner Only Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm –Instructor: Elena Sonnenfeld – SOLD OUT
- Intermediate Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm –Instructor: Elena Sonnenfeld – SOLD OUT
Friday: November 3, 2023 – December 15, 2023 (6 Weeks)
Saturday: November 4, 2023 – December 16, 2023 (6 Weeks)
- Beginner/Intermediate Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Instructor: Melissa Stanley – SOLD OUT
Sunday: November 5, 2023 – December 17, 2023 (6 Weeks)
- Beginner/Intermediate Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Instructor: Jessica Ayala – SOLD OUT
- Beginner Only Afternoon Session – 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm – Instructor: Susannah Wilson – SOLD OUT
Open Studio Hours
In addition to your class, you also have access to the studio for independent practice when classes are not happening.
You must reserve open studio time in advance using our scheduling system.
Members: Monday through Sunday, 24/7/365 Access to studio.
Students: Sunday-Thursday 10:00am-6:30pm. Friday 10:00am-9:30pm. Saturday 1:00pm-9:30pm.
We no longer provide outside firings or walk in services for the ClayHouse Brooklyn studio.
Firing fees are an additional $.06 per cubic inch (covering both firings) and can be paid through your account on our website.
Students will need to provide their own tools or purchase a tool kit for $18 at our studio.
Class cancellation made more than 7 days prior to the scheduled start date will be eligible to receive a full refund minus a $25 processing fee. Cancellations made less than 7 days prior to the scheduled start date will receive a 50% virtual credit that is valid for 6 months from issuance. Cancellations made within 24 hours of the class start will not be eligible for refund or credit. Please be aware that once the class begins we are unable to offer refunds, credit, transfers to other classes, or deferrals to other semesters. Our policy is non-negotiable and exceptions cannot be made. To request cancellation of a class, please email: pottery@
ClayHouse Brooklyn is not responsible for providing make-up classes or issuing reimbursements for classes changed or missed due to illness, emergency, COVID-19, pandemics and weather closings, substitute teachers, or other events beyond our control. Students may make-up up to 2 missed classes by attending a similar level class within that same semester.
Fired pottery will only be held at our studio for 2 months. Please be sure to pick up your bisque and glazed pottery within 2 months.