$450 for 8 week class
LATE SPRING 2022 SESSION TIMES & INSTRUCTORS:
Location: Cobble Hill
No classes: May 28-May 30
Firing Fees: firing fees will be additional at $.06 per cubic inch. You will be able to pay for firing fees at our kiosk in the studio.
Beginner Only: for students who have never taken pottery before or have had only 1 semester and would like to remain with students completely new to pottery.
Beginner/Intermediate: mixed level class (like we have always had). There may be complete beginners and also return potters looking to focus on foundational skills and forms.
Intermediate Only: for students who have taken 2 or more semesters. You do not need to have mastery of centering and basic forms, but must have a foundational understanding and want to learn about forms and skills past simple bowls, plates, and cups.
Advanced Only: for students who have near or full mastery of basic skills like centering and have had exposure to, or already made, more complex forms like jars, teapots, or thrown and altered pieces.
Capacity: 14 Seats (8 Seats for Beginner-Only Classes)
Registration will Open on April 14 at 8 PM – Click on the Links Below to Register
Monday: May 2 – June 27, 2022
- Beginner/Intermediate Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Instructor: Julie Knight.
- Beginner/Intermediate Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Lizzie Butler.
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Ava Kapetanakis.
Tuesday: May 3 – June 21, 2022
- Intermediate Only Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm –Instructor: Lilian Wu Finckel
- Advanced Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Julie Knight.
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Michele Godwin.
Wednesday: May 4 – June 22, 2022
- Intermediate Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm –Instructor: Lizzie Butler.
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Eital Schattner-Elmaleh.
Thursday: May 5 – June 23, 2022
Friday: May 6 – June 24, 2022
Saturday: May 7 – June 25, 2022
Sunday: May 8 – June 26, 2022
- Beginner/Intermediate Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Instructor: Dominic Sparano.
- Beginner Only Afternoon Session – 1:30 pm-4:30 pm – Instructor: TBD.
- Members: Monday through Sunday, 24/7/365 Access to studio.
- Students: Monday & Tuesday 12:30pm-3:30pm, Wednesday to Friday 10:00am-3:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 12:30pm-6:30pm
- Students and Members must book and reserve time in order to use the studio.
- Students must be accountable and note the time, start and end dates of their class. Please do not call the studio or email for this information.
- In addition to your class, you also have access to the studio when classes are not happening. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, you must reserve open studio time in advance using our scheduling system.
- The system will only show you times that are available. Each reservation is 1.5 hours long, but if you want to stay longer, you can book sessions back to back.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 7 days in advance and less than 1 hour in advance.
- You can book up to 10 reservations in a week.
- If you only need to come to the studio to check on work (pick up glazed work, uncover greenware, etc.) please use the "checking-in" link to book a 15 minute reservation.
- All of these links can be found on our website: https://www.
- If you cannot attend your reservation, please cancel your appointment.
- If you don't show for your appointment, you are keeping someone else from using that time slot.
- You should be out the front door (on the street) at your end time. Not cleaning, not dealing with pottery/firing fees, not collecting your personal items. This is a crowding/safety issue.
- You will receive ONE warning for staying past your reservation end time.
- A second infraction will result in the termination of your studio time privileges.
- This is not something we want to do, but we have a schedule for a reason. Staying late is not only a COVID issue, it also causes problems for the person scheduled after you and creates more work for our staff.
- We have added clocks to both walls in the back and encourage you to set a timer on your phone to be sure you clean up and leave on time.