$460 for 8 week class
$403 for 7 week class
SPRING 2023 – Semester Adult Wheel Classes
Registration will open:
- to current students on April 4th at 5pm
- to the general public on April 12th at 5pm (classes are password protected until then)
Beginner Only: for students who have never taken pottery before or have had only 1 semester and would like to remain with students completely new to pottery.
Beginner/Intermediate: mixed level class. There may be complete beginners and also return potters looking to focus on foundational skills and forms.
Intermediate Only: for students who have taken 3 or more semesters. You do not need to have mastery of centering and basic forms, but must have a foundational understanding and want to learn about forms and skills past simple bowls, plates, and cups.
Advanced Only: for students who have near or full mastery of basic skills like centering and have had exposure to, or already made, more complex forms like jars, teapots, or thrown and altered pieces.
Capacity: 14 Seats (8 Seats for Beginner-Only Classes)
Monday: May 1, 2023 – June 26, 2023 (8 Weeks) No Class on May 29
- Intermediate Only Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Instructor: Julie Knight
- Beginner/Intermediate Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Noah Heil– SOLD OUT
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Xenia Lane -SOLD OUT
Tuesday: May 2, 2023 – June 20, 2023 (8 Weeks)
- Intermediate Only Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm –Instructor: Lilian Wu Finckel
- Advanced Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Julie Knight -SOLD OUT
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Michele Godwin-SOLD OUT
Wednesday: May 3, 2023 – June 21, 2023 (8 Weeks)
- *NEW* Beginner Only Morning Session -10 am – 1pm – Instructor: Sally Rabinowitz
- Intermediate Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm –Instructor: Lizzie Butler – SOLD OUT
- Beginner Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm – Instructor: Eital Schattner-Elmaleh-SOLD OUT
Thursday: May 4, 2023 – June 22, 2023 (8 Weeks)
- Beginner Only Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm –Instructor: Elena Sonnenfeld
- Intermediate Only Evening Session – 6:30 pm-9:30 pm –Instructor: Elena Sonnenfeld -SOLD OUT
Friday: May 5, 2023 – June 23, 2023 (8 Weeks)
Saturday: May 6, 2023 – June 24, 2023 (7 Weeks) No Class on May 27
Sunday: May 7, 2023 – June 25, 2023 (7 Weeks) No Class on May 28
- Beginner/Intermediate Morning Session – 10:00 am to 1:00 pm – Instructor: Dominic Sparano -SOLD OUT
- Beginner Only Afternoon Session – 1:30 pm-4:30 pm – Instructor: Dominic Sparano -SOLD OUT
At this time, as per NYC Small Business Services, ClayHouse, as a small private business, has the right to require customers, ages 5 years and older, to show proof of vaccination. Masks are optional.
Open Studio Hours
In addition to your class, you also have access to the studio for independent practice when classes are not happening.
You must reserve open studio time in advance using our scheduling system.
Members: Monday through Sunday, 24/7/365 Access to studio.
Students: Sunday-Thursday 10:00am-6:30pm. Friday & Saturday 10:00am-9:30pm.
We no longer provide outside firings or walk in services for the ClayHouse Brooklyn studio.
Firing fees are an additional $.06 per cubic inch (covering both firings) and can be paid through your account on our website.
Students will need to provide their own tools or purchase a tool kit for $18 at our studio.
To request a cancellation of a class and refund, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not call to request a refund. Refunds must be requested more than 7 days prior to class start date for a full refund minus $25 processing fee. If you cancel your class within 7 days of class start date, a refund of 50% will be available for credit only. When cancelling your class within 7 days of class start, you will have 6 months to redeem your credit which will be in the form of a virtual credit to be given when requested to register. No REFUNDS once the class begins, nor can you transfer to another class or to another semester. We cannot be flexible on our policy and there will be no exceptions.
You will be allowed to make up two missed classes by attending a comparable class within the same semester only. Make-ups are available subject to the space in the class you wish to attend. To make up a class, do not call. Please arrive on time and ask the teacher for permission to join. We do not guarantee make-ups however, they are offered as a courtesy to our students. Please know you are responsible for showing up for class each week.